Badminton SA is putting in place some operational measures in light of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) advice from the government, WHO, Badminton Australia and Sport SA.
The following measures will commence this week:
SABA Summer season grand finals will go ahead on Wednesday evening, with a Competition representative and/or Board member to highlight the sanitisation notice at the start of the night. Hand sanitiser will be available for use.
Winter season will NOT commence within the next 4 weeks, date to be penciled in for late April as a start time and the Board will update in early April. This 4 week window is being used by larger and similar sized sports. Obviously this start date can be pushed out if it is deemed necessary.
Regular casual court hire will be offered leaving it up to individual players to make their own decision. Sanitisation notices will be posted around the hall as well as ways to keep yourself safe from COVID-19 when in public places.
Clubs with court hire agreements with SABA to discuss their own options surrounding social nights.
Junior tournament and state U17 training to go ahead for now as they only involve small numbers and 'Keep Safe' advice will be followed.
A decision may need to be taken to suspend SA school attendance by our coaches. This to be monitored and reviewed continually.
All players need to be vigilant with their personal hygiene and follow the advice suggested in the attached flyer.